Get in Touch
February in Edmonton is a great time to enjoy the winter weather and participate in some activities. Here are five things you can do this month:
- Flying Canoë Volant: this is an event that combines creativity, interactivity, and culture to celebrate the local history and the beauty of a winter night. The event is inspired by the legend of the Flying Canoe, and draws on French-Canadian, First Nation, and Métis traditions. During the event, participants will embark on a nighttime adventure through Edmonton’s French Quarter and along the illuminated trails of the Mill Creek Ravine. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience the magic of the Flying Canoe Volant.
- Silver Skate Festival: This annual free 10 day festival features a variety of outdoor activities, including ice-skating and ice-sculptures for example. It’s a great way to enjoy the winter weather and have some fun with friends and family.
- Tube or Ski at Sunridge Ski Area: If you’re looking for a fun winter activity, head to Sunridge Ski Area and try your hand at tubing or skiing. It’s a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Stars and Strollers is back at Cineplex: This popular program allows parents to bring their young children to the movies during the day. It’s a great way to get out of the house and enjoy a film with your little ones.
- Canadian Birkie Ski Festival: This annual event takes place at the end of February and features a variety of ski races, including a marathon, half-marathon, and a relay. It’s a great opportunity to test your skiing skills against other enthusiasts.
There you have it, five fun things to do in Edmonton this February. Whether you’re looking for a unique spectacle, a winter festival, or a chance to hit the slopes, there’s something for everyone this month.